Minggu, 08 September 2013

The Generation of Truganini


My Dear Notebook,

Hi! My name is Trul. I'm the generations of Truganini, the indigenous people. My grandmother is her, Yap! Truganini. She had gave birth my mom. My mom told me when I was 12 years old. At that time, i was crying about my friends in schools bully me. They said that I'm ugly, black, and other words I don't have to tell to you.

My mom wipe my tears and said, "It's okay, girl". I'm still crying and my mom says,"being indigenous people okay. You know your grandma? She is strong and brave, you know it?" My mom tells about my grandma story that makes me realize being the generation of indigenous people its okay. It's not something that should we hide or we feel shame for it.

I should to be proud especially my grandmother. When there are The Tragedy of Van Diemen’s Land, she was the only survivor at Oyster Bay and She had died in 1876. At that time, I wasn’t born. She had passed away and now I’m just can see her from her picture.

I lay my head back down and lift my hands and pray for you, grandma and grandpa. Hope you have nice day in the different world. And thank you, I’m proud to be your grandchild! J

Warmest Regard,
Trul
 


1 komentar:

  1. Subhannallah. I can't say a word but... keep on writing, Indah. :)

    BalasHapus